Saturday, November 9, 2013

snail mail

In our technology-driven society,  I think it's so easy to forget about how fun it is to receive a little note in the mail. Instead of mailing a thank you note, an invitation to a soiree, or a just a little card...we simply send an email. I can't remember the last time I received something in my mailbox inviting me to a party. Instead, I receive emails or Facebook event group notifications. This got me thinking... I'm going to make it a point to send out more notes and cards via snail mail. I miss my friends that are in far away places and I'm tired of texting and emailing. So, I ventured out to Target this morning and wandered to their stationary section. I found the cutest cards! I couldn't buy them all (even though I wanted to), but here are some of my favorites:







And of course, no letter is complete without some washi tape! The pink and yellow-striped tapes are both from Target, and the gold & white polka-dotted washi tape is from a cute store in Norman called The Social Club. It's a salon/boutique duo with the most unique finds. I recently bought a candle there for a friend, she loved it. 

I hope y'all have an absolutely fabulous weekend. The sun is shining here and it's warm... I'm thinking of spending my afternoon outside. 

2 comments: