Sunday, November 10, 2013

house vs. home

Since being in college, I have yet to live in my own little house and live like a true college student. Freshmen year, I resided in the dorms with my best friend/roommate. My dorm was cozy and fun. We decorated with crisp white and bright-colored accents. For the past two years, I've lived in my sorority house. It's been so much fun...but I'm ready for something new. Earlier this year, my friend and I decided to live together and begin the house search! We found an adorable little cottage and I'm counting the days until we move in. I'm so excited to have my own space, decorate, cook, and relax in a house that I can call my own. I just can't wait! I'm excited to collaborate with my roomie and our different styles. I've been thinking about how I will decorate and arrange my room, our living room, the kitchen, and the bathroom. Even which doormat we should choose (you can tell I'm really excited). I've been pinning and searching on the Web like crazy to find the perfect things for our little house. Here are some of my favorite inspirations from Pinterest...



How adorable is this kitchen? I wish we could have a pink dishwasher!







This got me thinking... there's a major difference between a house and a home. A house is a place before you move in, before you make it your own with decorations, scents, and photographs. A home is all that and more. A home is where you feel comfortable and look forward to returning to after a long day. I'm anxious to turn our little house into a home. Wish us luck as we shop, decorate, and move in! 


You can follow me on Pinterest here to see more of my ideas & inspirations! 

happy sunday, 





1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to move into our "home." Love you, best!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete