Friday, December 13, 2013

m's guide to hot yoga

I'm so glad to be back! I had to take a quick break from the blogosphere to study for my finals... 

Now that I'm home, I'm picking up on some old habits. One of them being my favorite way to work out...hot yoga. This morning I went to my favorite studio in Fort Worth, Sumits Hot Yoga. I love everything about this studio.. there's fun, modern music throughout the class and you sweat like no other. They also have a great deal for new students.. two weeks for $20! 
Even though I've been doing hot yoga for several years, it's hard to get into the swing of it. Here's a guide to be the best hot yogi... 

1. bring a water bottle...try to stay away from gatorade or other sports drinks until after your class. today I got a delicious, freshly pressed smoothie from juice junkies. it was the perfect, all natural hydrator! 
2. wear breathable and fast-drying clothes...hot yoga is not the place for an XL t-shirt. old navy and target have inexpensive pieces that are super cute.
3. bring flip flops...this may seem silly, but you'll need them as you walk from the locker room to the studio. 
4. invest in a yoga mat towel...you'll be sweating so much that your mat becomes slick. these nifty towels help you maintain your balance and they're easy to throw in the wash after! I have a yogitoes towel from lululemon. Here's some other mat towels.. 


5. don't compare yourself to others...today that was my biggest issue. since I haven't done hot yoga in months, I wasn't as flexible as before. it's important to remember that everyone has their first day on the mat! 

I'm excited to continue hot yoga throughout my winter break! 

namaste, 

m

No comments:

Post a Comment