Friday, December 6, 2013

DIY holiday prezzies

Happy SNOW DAY to all! It's a beautiful, snowy day here in Oklahoma. 

As I mentioned in my december "joy" list post, I'm planning to make Christmas prezzies for my friends and family. While I love to bake, I wanted to do something a little more special...I'm very excited! Whether it's completely homemade.. or a simple addition to an item, it will be heartfelt and personal. 

My original thought was to make sugar scrub, complete with a cute jar and sparkly spoon. Here's where this idea stemmed from:

Hey Gorgeous! made a simple and yummy body scrub, spending about $6 per container! 
Check out her blog to see the directions and beautiful pictures. 
For the sparkly spoon (to scoop the body scrub), I wanted to recreate these adorable little spoons (via something turquoise). You can find these spoons at any craft store for cheap, cheap, cheap! 

something turquoise 
Another adorable idea... 
attach this printable to a nail polish or foot scrub, and voila! An easy, inexpensive, and cute gift. 

I made this on the Rhonna Design iPad app, love it! 

This idea is courtesy of the original crafty girl, Martha Stewart. Fabric-covered notebooks! 
marthastewart.com
It's really simple to make these little notebooks. Spray the notebook with adhesive glue, firmly press the fabric, and cut the access fabric around the edges. I love that you can make this gift super personal by the selection of fabric, as well as adding a little note inside for the recipient.


good luck with your DIY prezzies and stay warm! 


m

No comments:

Post a Comment