Saturday, December 21, 2013

DIY sugar scrub

As I mentioned in my DIY holiday prezzies post, I decided to make my holiday gifts. So, this morning I ventured out in the rain to get ingredients to make the perfect sugar scrub. 


I made a trip to Target, Michael's, and Office Depot...then hurried home to begin! The process was super easy, and the supplies only cost about $30. 

I started by mixing together the pure cane sugar and granulated sugar, then added vanilla extract. It smelled so good! The recipe called for about 2 1/2 cups of pure cane sugar, 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, and 5 tablespoons of vanilla extract..but you can really just wing it. Then, I scooped the scrub into the blue mason jars. It took about 15 minutes total...which was wonderful! 



After scooping and sealing the lids, I made the cutie labels online. I thought they were the perfect touch. 


These scrubs are super easy and inexpensive if you're looking for a last minute prezzie! You could add any extract to make the gift more special, like lavender or almond. I used it this morning and my hands have been soft the whole day. 

enjoy! 


m

No comments:

Post a Comment