Tuesday, December 24, 2013

lemon crinkle cookies

Merry Christmas eve! I woke up this morning and decided to bake a little treat for my family to enjoy over the next couple of days. I made these cookies for a sweet friend's cookie exchange, and they were so yummy and easy

The recipe is simple and it only took about an hour, clean up included! 

lemon crinkle cookies 
1/2 cups butter, softened 
1 cup granulated sugar 
1/2 tsp vanilla extract 
1 egg 
2 tsp lemon zest 
2 tblsp. fresh lemon juice 
1/4 tsp salt 
1/4 tsp baking powder 
1/8 tsp baking soda 
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 
1/2 cup powdered sugar 

1. turn oven to 350F 
2. cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
3. whip in vanilla, egg, lemon zest, lemon juice. don't forget to scrape the sides! 
4. stir in salt, baking powder, baking soda, flour 
5. scrape the sides again! 
6. pour powdered sugar into a large bowl, then drop in a dough ball and roll until it's covered in powdered sugar. repeat with each dough ball until done! 
bake for about 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. let cool for about 3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. 

These cookies are absolutely delicious! My brother said they were his favorite cookies yet...

how cute are these vintage plates?


 
I hope y'all have a wonderful holiday and enjoy! I'm excited to have a relaxing day with my family and continue to bake with my mom. 


merry christmas, 


m

No comments:

Post a Comment